The Walnut 4 Watch Winder
The Independent Collective
Regular price $695.00
THE WALNUT FOUR
THE FOUNDERS COLLECTION
The Walnut Four watch winder is for those wanting to up their watch storage game & is particularly fussy when it comes to keeping your automatic timepiece wound & on time.
The majority of automatic watches will have a power reserve of approximately 40 hours, or just under two days. Which means if you take your watch off for the weekend it will have stopped by Monday.
Using a watch winder is a simple yet effective way to emulate a days wear and keep your automatic watch wound by rotating your watch and activating the rotor and winding mechanism. This is especially handy if you have multiple watches and switch between them during the week. A watch winder keeps your mainspring tight thus providing a much better transfer of power from the spring to the gear train resulting in stable accuracy.
Four winding settings can be selected on the front control knobs per bank of 2;
- Clockwise for 2 min, pause for 6 min, repeat (best for quick charge)
- Anti-clockwise for 2 min, pause for 6 min, repeat (best for quick charge)
- Clockwise for 2 min, pause for 6 mins, Anti-clockwise for 2 min, pause for 6 mins then repeat the cycle (best for quick charge when you you're unsure of your watch's winding direction)
- Clockwise for 5 min, Anti-clockwise for 5 min, repeat cycle for 3 hours then stop for 9 hours (best for long charge)
The Walnut Four is a plug in winder, the supplied USB cord is plugged directly into the supplied 5V plug
The outer case is constructed of recycled wood with a Walnut Veneer & measures H29.5cm x W29cm x D15.5cm thanks to the hinged glass enclosure.
The face plate and back plate are made of gloss plastic in black and features a Clou de Paris design giving an industrial but stylish look to your watch winder. Two chrome control knobs can be found on the face controlling the cradles directly above them. A switch on the back can disable one of the top or one of the bottom cradles so you have ultimate control over how many winders are operating at once, 1,2,3 or 4.
A small black switch directly opposite the control knob allows you to arm or disarm the blue LED backlighting.
4 acrylic feet will keep your winder from scratching or damaging surfaces.
Your watch is held securely in the grey plastic cradle with the snug fitting oversized watch cushion which allows for watch straps up to 30mm wide.
- Four watch winder
- Walnut wood finish
- Walnut wood framed glass door with chrome glass pin-striping
- Chrome hinges and door handle
- Acrylic face plate, back plate and opaque cradle
- Blue LED backlighting which can be turned on or off
- Soft memory foam cushion watch holders x4
- 4 settings
- USB power cord included
- Quiet motors
- 6 months replacement warranty.