A Limited Edition tribute to Ernest Hemingway
Cuervo y Sobrinos pays tribute to its longtime and loyal customer Ernest Hemingway, celebrated writer and authentic legend of the 20th century, with the launch of a new collection of 3 watches entirely dedicated to the writer, following an acclaimed first limited edition series that was a great success.
Under the patronage of John Hemingway, grandson of the writer, the watch collection was launched in Key West, Florida for the Hemingway Days 2023, the annual celebration salutes the Nobel Prize–winning author’s writing achievements and enjoyment of the island’s easygoing lifestyle.
Attention to detail is certainly a characteristic dear to the Cuervo y Sobrinos brand, examples of this are certain elements such as the seconds hand of the 'Icónico' models, which ends in a Marlin fishtail shape, and the engraving placed inside the crown that features the writer's quote "In order to write about life first you must live it" in English (at 12 o'clock) and Spanish (at 6 o'clock).
- Diameter: 40mm
- Thickness: 11.75mm
- Caseback Finish: screwed, Engraved Hemingway Logo
- Limited edition plate on side case (882)
- stainless Steel
- CYS 8121, base Sellita 221-1
- Finished oscillating weight with insignia engraving
- Power Reserve: 38 H
- Frequency: 28,800 A/H (4 HZ)
- Jewels: 26
- Double curved Sapphire Crystal
- Brown dial, coated Super-LumiNova® Indices, applied CyS emblem
Silver hours and minutes with Super-LumiNova®
- Blue seconds
- Pointer - date
- Dark Brown Leather with Open work CyS branded clasp
- 2 year International against manufacturing defects