In Honour of the brand’s former boutique on Calle San Rafael in Havana
Cuervo y Sobrinos revisited the ‘Tradition’ of the 1950s, eager to capture some of its period charm. However, the modern-day Historiador Tradición ‘San Rafael’ is not a replica, but a contemporary reinterpretation of the ‘much-loved classic. It is offered in two variants, Champagne or silver.
Each dial is adorned with a ‘frappage’ motif and features dauphine-style hands which emulate those found on the original Tradition of the 1950s. Likewise, the prominent central sweep seconds hand, with its ebullient red tip, references the hand found on the original. A combination of circular and trapezoidal indexes denote the hours.
Limited to 188 pieces
- Diameter: 40mm
- Thickness: 10.7mm
- Caseback Finish: San Rafael engraved case back
- Limited edition (188)
- stainless Steel
CYS 5203, base SW 240-1,
- Finished oscillating weight with insignia engraving
- Power Reserve: 38 H
- Frequency: 28,800 A/H (4 HZ)
- Jewels: 26
Hours, minutes, central seconds, day and date
- Double curved Sapphire Crystal, vintage inspired, Anti reflective
- Champagne. Rose gold plated, applied trapezoidal and circular indexes. A finely decorated dial with grid-shaped ‘frappage’, inspired by the original dial motif employed on the former 1950s model’.
- Hours and minutes ‘dauphine’ style, red arrow-shaped seconds hand
Honey matte Louisiana alligator
- Openworked CyS-branded clasp
Standard Humidor Box - PE 100
- 2 year International against manufacturing defects