RAKETA : Copernicus 0265
Inspired by the iconic soviet watch Copernicus, this watch pays homage to the science of astronomy.
Originally launched in the early 80s, it is no coincidence that it bears the name of the famous astronomer. I
ts design is entirely inspired by Copernicus’ (the man) theory of the Universe, which led to a fundamental revolution in the science of the 16th century: the Sun lies at the centre of the system, and all the planets revolve around it (and not the other way round as had been thought up to then).
The big circle (the minute hand) symbolises the Earth which rotates around the sun in 1 year, whereas the small circle (the hour hand) symbolises Jupiter which rotates around the sun in 12 years: indeed, the hour hand circles around the dial 12 times slower than the minute hand!
- Manufacture Raketa Watch Factory 2615 Automatic movement
- 24 Jewels
- Average rate -10/+20 seconds per day
- Power reserve 40hours
- Hand made NEVA Waves rotor plus printed motif
- Case made from PVD Black stainless steel
- 40.5mm diameter
- 16.55mm thickness
- 45mm lug to lug
- WR 5ATM
- Hands & Dial with SLN
- 22mm grey croco print leather strap with blue stitching & pin buckle
- 2 year international warranty
Please allow 7-10 days delivery on all Raketa Watches.